Tuesday 13 September 2011

Unit 01 Research and develop craft ideas

Guidelines for graphics artists

Dimensions:
550pix/920pix Or 550pix/460pix - DPI 300

The theme is 'I Demand' this can be anything, freedom, power, money, etc. Do not include self promotion items, spam, internet, addresses, emails, watermarks, company logos or overprints in the artwork. The use of the Revolutionart logo can be used but is not mandatory.












1.1.4/1.2.1/1.2.2/1.2.3 - Task Two


I Demand




This is my Spider Diagram for the theme I Demand. We started with creating simple ideas that branched into new ideas that become more detailed and accurate helping me come up with a final idea for my design. 



















Initial Idea 1

This is my first idea, it is a symbol of fighting back for justice, all my ideas are based around freedom. The idea of three fists shows a display of violence. Simple, yet similar idea to a Revolution Art design.


Feedback: One peer agrees that the idea is similar to the Revolution Art design


Another says that it conveys the image of violence well.






Initial Idea 2

This is my second design, I used the Ying Yang symbol as a sign of equal rights, to then adapt the symbol I placed it on a pair of scales which is balancing with nothing, the idea is to represent that equal rights it's free.




Feedback: One peer mentioned that it could create an opposite meaning that equal rights is scaled with nothing. He also suggested that with a slightly different scene it could create a good message.





Initial Idea 3



This is my third idea, I used the Ying Yang symbol again to represent equal rights, this idea is to show that anyone can get knocked down.   


Feedback, One peer said that if the idea was adapted to create a better meaning it could work well, but otherwise, not great.






Initial Idea 4


This is my fourth idea, once again I used the Ying Yang symbol. This idea is suppose to convey the message that even something tiny can accomplish big goals.


Feedback, Both peers suggested that the idea could work if the actual image had more detail and went in more depth as it's a bit plain, but with more work the idea could be good.









Initial Idea 5



This is my fifth idea, the aim of it was to create a surreal scene of clouds filled with objects escaping out of a door, I'm not completely sure on the main point of this idea but I think that if I continued with it and adapted the idea further it would be a great design.




Feedback, One peer agreed that if the idea was adapted further it could create a great poster but for the time being it wasn't a great design.
Another peer said it would look really good if designed well.  






Final Design idea (Adapted)


After all the feedback given I decided to stick to the symbol style but changed the Ying Yang image to the Earth because I hope will represent everything that inhabits it which I can then use well with other aspects to include in my final design. I then searched images to find an image that shows an outcome for the world to be placed in. After a lot of searching i came across an image of a roulette wheel, i decided to use it to represent the idea of choices being random and free.



I also got some feedback from my tutor, who suggested that I should involve more into the image by removing the background and importing an image that scaled with the theme.


He also suggested that I should do something with the spinner (top part of the roulette wheel) change it for a new













No comments:

Post a Comment